Monday, February 23, 2009

By the Power of Grayskull!

Yes, I did just quote He-Man. I used to love He-Man so much, in fact, that according to my mom I used to run around the house shouting "By the power of Grayskull!" I guess this is only fitting that I now work in Castle Grayskull.

The other day I was riding in a car with our Associate Pastor and our Director of Contemporary Arts and mentioned off the cuff that our church building sort of looked like Castle Grayskull. The more I thought about this I wondered if I was right and so today in a moment of distraction I did some image comparison and concluded that do indeed work in the Castle Grayskull.

Here is the wikipedia entry for Castle Grayskull, it has about the best image I can find of it.

Compare this with the image of the outside of my church found on our website (here).

If you envision the picture of our church taken from the same perspective the image of Grayskull is drawn I think it fits. Even if it doesn't, I don't care. I am going to continue to think that I work in Grayskull because it is stinking awesome!

On a more theological note:

Western Lent begins in 2 days are you ready? I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to eat all my leftovers in the fridge that have meat in them before Ash Wednesday. I hope to blog quite a bit during Lent since Kristy and I are planning on reading The Ladder of Divine Ascent together (if our copies ever get here). The book is written by a monk for other monks and is suppose to be full of wisdom on spiritual growth. We'll see how it goes.

- Ben

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...I thought I was the only protestant planing to do the traditional "meatless" fast for Lent. I was starting to get self-conscious.

Oh, and the Thunder Cats could give He-Man a run for his money.

"Thunder-thunder-thunder-THUNDER CATS-HOOOOOO!"

t4stywh34t said...

I see it. Just need to paint the front doors blue, man.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I still don't see it. But, I wish I could have seen the weird looks you got when you voiced your comparison. You're such a weirdo!

Anonymous said...

I was all confused until I read the rest of your commentary: "Even if it doesn't, I don't care. I am going to continue to think that I work in Grayskull because it is stinking awesome." :~) You made us laugh. Sounds like you're doing well; I like to read your blog once in a while when I find time. Thanks for posting such a variety of reading material! Hannah (Bae)