Friday, June 24, 2005

An email I sent a few people the other day

This is an emal that I sent a few friends the other day. I thought I would post it on here for all to read.


My dear friends,

I just want to apologize for all the rude and cutting comments I made about Rick Warren's purpose driven life. I have been reading and doing the 40 days of purpose with my home pastor and have found it to be absolutely enlightening. It is really starting to change my life, the way that I think, act, live, everything. I am being completely transformed by this book. It is truly a God-send in my life. I really feel bad for all the comments I made to people chastizing it, because i"m afraid they may not read it now. It is truly sent from the Lord.

I think i'm finally starting to find my purpose in life. I realize that the last 7 years I've been faking myself thinking that I was called into full time ministry. That's really not my purpose! My purpose is to be part of something bigger. I"m not sure what this bigger is yet, but I know its out there. I know that I can't keep messing around with small stuff and relationships. I know God has a really big purpose for me and that right now i'm not fulfilling it and going to seminary isn't going to fulfill it and being part of full-time ministry isn't going to help me reach that purpose.

So please be praying for me that God will continue to show me the purpose he has for me and that I will continue to be "driven" (I know it sounds cheesy but it fits) by that purpose.

I'm exploring a couple options right now and i'm not sure what to do but I know that the first thing I have to do is get plugged into a good paying job for a few years and pay off my school loans. If I can do that and go and get a degree in business at the same time I think i should be pretty good. I just have to find a small community college near here that isn't too expensive. I'm thinking JCC (Jamestown Community College in Olean) or OBI (Olean Business Institute). I may be able to get a leg up in the programs because of my Houghton credits, but I'm not sure.

Thanks a ton, and really you should all read the Purpose Driven Life... and find someone to do the 40 days of purpose with too. I'm really serious it has changed the way I think about everything, i can't believe how different I am now. It seems like i'mthinking so clearly, really read it!


May you too be driven by God's purpose for your life,


Ben




Oh hey, I almost forgot, here is a link to one of the other things that i'm thinking about doing if I don't go to a community college to get a business degree.
http://larknews.com/may_2005/secondary.php?page=1



If you looked at the link, you obviously know that this one is a joke. I still think the Purpose Driven life is crap, but I thought this email was a little funny. I hope you laughed to.

No comments: