Friday, June 19, 2009

Thoughts from a Friend

My friend Ed is an Orthodox Christian who is currently writing a series of bulletin inserts for his congregation. While I love almost everything Ed writes on his blog I thought his latest bulletin insert was especially noteworthy. It is evident by this post that Ed shares many of my thoughts on Christian martyrdom. It seems the difference between us is that Ed explains his thoughts in a tactful and eloquent way rather than just claiming he desires to be martyred like I have done.

Click here to be directed to Ed's post.

Blessings,

- Ben

1 comment:

Ed said...

Ha, well Ben, I'm not willing to claim that one. I'm not so sure I desire to be martyred. But what I do desire is to love God with my all. This is a hard thing. If God gives me the gift of martyrdom, no doubt he will also supply the grace to carry through with it. Nevertheless, it's not really something I'm seeking, at least not right now. I'd like to die in peace, but if he should ordain the other fate, I guess I'll embrace it gladly. After all, in all things I should (and can) be joyful.

Glory to Jesus Christ!