Friday, June 06, 2008

Ramblings from an unemployed vagabond

One would think that I would post more now that the rush of finals week is done and the semester is finally over, somehow that has not been the case. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll get a few more of my thoughts worked out enough to post some stuff on here. Until then here is a short update on what's going on in my life:

1. I am now a Master of Theological Studies...or at least that's what I like to tell myself now that I've graduated with a degree by that name. I'm still waiting to receive my diploma in the mail, but I'm still calling myself a graduate.

2. I am unemployed. I'm been sending out resumes like it's my job since the middle of the school year and I am still trying to find a job. Hopefully I can find one soon. I fly out to Iowa at the end of the month of an interview and have had a bunch of phone interviews. I find that not having a denomination makes it hard to find Pastoral jobs.

3. I visited the original KFC in Corbin, KY the other day with Kristy. It was awesome.... well as awesome as a fast food joint can be. But it was fun and I was starving after a day of hiking in the woods.

4. Reading: Maybe I'm a dork but here is what I'm starting to read, though I find that I'm reading way too infrequently.
- St. John Chrysostom's homilies on Philippians
- William J. Abraham (ed.) Canonical Theism


So there is a short update. I would appreciate the prayers for a job, as my bank account is dwindling and school loans will be due soon.

I'll try to post more later.


Blessings,

Ben

1 comment:

Kyle said...

An Eerdmans rep really talked up Canonical Theism to me; I would enjoy hearing what you think about it.

K