Thursday, October 19, 2006

Am I allowed to write a creed?

Either way I wrote one. I think this has been a long time coming, but I was sitting in class tonight and a friend charged me to write a creed so I did.

I know it's not the right time in teh Christian Year for this creed as it is surely one that fits into a church season, but nonetheless I shall post it now. I wrote it tonight (10/19) so it's fresh - it still may go through some revisions but here it is.


The Symbol of our Faith as affirmed by the holy bishops in the 1st Ecumenical Council in Wilmore, KY.


I believe in one team, the Yankees, evil upon evil, destroyer of all good in baseball both visible and invisible.

And in George Steinbrenner, the progenitor of evil. Begotten of evil before he came to power. Yankee of Yankee, evil of evil, begotten and not made evil, of once essence with the Yankees, by whom all disaster to baseball is made. Who for us baseball fans and our angst came to power from hell and was made the owner, not by virgin birth, but by dispensation of dirty cash and became owner. And he was caused to flourish under Bud Selig and enacted his power in free agency and won championships. And the fourth year he lost the series, according to the choking of Rivera, and thus descended to playoff abyss and now sits right in the middle of the AL, and lo, he shall rise again with evil to rule the AL: whose reign may have no end.

And in the evil Derek Jeter, the shortstop, the poser of clutch, who proceeds from the Yankees; who with the Yankees, and the Steinbrenner is to be loathed and hated, who plays in New York.

In one Unholy, Catholic and Sinister Fan base. I acknowledge one Nathan’s Hot Dogs for the partaking of evil. I look for the destruction of the empire and the hope of the MLB to come. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just, wow. Sounds like you and Sigifous have been working overtime. You have inspired me to compose one on the Trinity of Baseball Evil: the Cardinals, the Braves, and the Yankees.