Thursday, April 27, 2006

Maran atha - Come our Lord!

I just finished classes for the day/week (I don't have classes on Friday or Monday) and I was back here in my apartment and had one of those awesome moments where the Spirit just falls on you in a special way, where you are completely just blown away in the goodness of the Holy Spirit and he just is pouring in and out of you. I wasn't really doing anything special, in fact, I was just fixing dinner and came back to my computer to put up an AIM away message and it just happened, it was completely unexpected, but it was so good. All this to say, that as the Holy Spirit was ministering to me I felt prompted to write something. I guess you could call it a poem or something akin to a poem, or maybe you could call it a short hymn because the substance is very similar to the Christ Hymns in the New Testament. I don't write stuff like this often, in fact the last time I wrote anything like this was 9/24/05 and the last time I wrote something like this in the Spirit was 8/3/05. The quickest place I could go to write it down was in an away message window, so if you happen to read it here and there, I'm sorry for being redundant. So here it is, I post not to share 'my art' or to show you what 'I've done' but to share what the Spirit seemed to be breathing into me. I hope that it ministers to you and helps you exalt Christ.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Maran atha we cry aloud - Come Lord Jesus!!
We truly long for you like a bride waiting for her groom.
You are the preincarnate One, true God of true God,
made flesh to suffer and die, a bloody sacrifice for the redemption of humanity.
You were exalted to the right hand of the Father and intercede for us now, your beloved!
You are truly worthy to be praised! You are the very wisdom of God, the glorious Son,
worthy to be exalted with the Father and the Holy Spirit now and forevermore! Amen.
- BH 4/27/06
--------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your pseudo-hymn Ben... I've been redeemed from the muck in the past few years and I recall a Jesus-freak named Ben Howard ministering from time to time. Now a slave to Christ, I wonder if you ever wonder what you missed out on. Not to say the incredible love and Grace is felt any less in your case, but to know your unworthiness like I do. Drowning in a dark, muddy, well of my own digging... to feel that powerful hand grab you by the shirt. Certainly a touch like no other. Sobbing like the new-born baby you are as you're lifted toward the light only to find the most warm embrace you could have hoped for. It's everything you hope for and everything you've been convinced doesn't exist. GOD is real... GOD is good... GOD loves me? I should have listened to the Jesus Freaks all along. Fuddruckers Ben... who am i? Dun Dun Dunnnnn....

Ben said...

Les!?