Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ramadan Begins

Tomorrow (Oct. 5) marks the start of the 30 day Muslim holy month known as Ramadan. During Ramadan, millions of Muslims all over the world will dedicate themselves to prayer and fasting with the intent of drawing closer Allah. From what I understand they will fast everyday until dusk and then will meet at their mosques and have special meals.

The reason I mention all this is because I also understand that this is a time of year that many Muslims experience dramatic dreams and visions that God uses to draw them to himself through Christ and thus into the Christian faith.

I plan on participating in the fast of Ramadan, fasting breakfast and lunch everyday during this 30 day period, with special emphasis on praying for the Muslim world that is lost and does not know the glorious person of Christ. I pray that they will receive visions, dreams, and revelation of the person of Jesus. That they will come to know him intimately, not as a prophet who was corrupt, but as the Living God, coeternal with the Father and the Holy Spirit from all eternity.

I don't say this to make myself sound awesomely holy, but to encourage you to pray intently during this time. To fast if God so leads you and to pour your heart out to God on behalf of the millions of Muslims world-wide.

I'm not an Islamic studies expert, nor do I claim to be the originator of this idea, but I do know that these people are lost and that the heart of God burns for their salvation. They are dedicating a whole month of fasting to draw closer to their god, can we not also dedicate a month of prayer to the only true, living Triune God, for the sake of these lost souls?

I'm sure it won't be easy, intercession rarely is. Especially interceding for a group of people that are held in such bondage by the evil one. So I implore you to pray, to fast if led, and to let your heart be broken for these people who are truly seeking.

May the harvest during this season of Ramadan be bountiful for the Kingdom of the Holy Triune God! Amen and Amen!

2 comments:

t4stywh34t said...

Today was the first day of Ramadan in Australia (seeing as we're 14 hours ahead of you guys), and there seems to be a hightened sense of tension, almost, here in Melbourne. It's weird. I'm curious as to how Kingsley is approaching the Ramadan season, seeing as the college is right smack in the middle of one of Melbourne's largest Muslim communities.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your posts Ben, you're an encouragement to me! I'm so glad that Asbury is treating you so 'well.' And I want you to know that I will certainly be praying with you in these next 30 days-good call...-tskd